pc problem (antivirus change)

Gazmac,
When John's suggestion does not work, post back and I will talk you through using 'MoveOnboot'.

:evil: :evil:

dave

Sponsored Links
dave.m sorry to bother you,s again but i still carnt get the avast traces removed off my pc. it wont led me download what johnD said http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-uninstall-utility.html it comes up i need to run windows in safe mode but when i put it in safe mode. i carnt get back on the internet to download what johnD said.any one got anymore ideas that could help me please??? and when i do the search for avast it fineds ten items but wont let me delete them! it just comes up a erear has happened.

the instructions say download aswClear.exe first

then restart in safe mode

then run the thing you have already downloaded

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-uninstall-utility.html

ypu sound as if you are trying to go into Safe mode first, and then trying to do the download (which is wrong)

avast! uninstall utility
Sometimes it´s not possible to uninstall avast! the standard way - using the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in control panel. In this case, you can use our uninstallation utility aswClear.

How to uninstall our software using aswClear.exe:

1. Download aswClear.exe on to your desktop
2. Start Windows in Safe Mode
3. Open (execute) the uninstall utility
4. If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
5. Click REMOVE
6. Restart your computer

Sponsored Links
There are removal tools for AVG Avast and Norton, I would run them all. Before that I would download Eusings Registry Cleaner and install it. Once that was done I would run all the removal tools one after the other, then run a registry scan and fix any problems it finds. There should be a safe mode with networking.

ive already dun that with avg and norton. and my avast ball in toolbar has come back on with a red circle in it. and i t wont let me download any removel tools to wipe it?

Can you see Avast still in the Start -> All Programs list?
If not, try a fresh download and install from:
Avast

Then:
Download MoveOnBoot

Once installed open it and try dragging the Avast icon into the bar, or browse for Avast.
Select Move On Boot and reboot the PC.

dave

no there is no avast in the start-> all programs! just in my tool bar in right hand corrner. ive tryed and tryed a fresh download of it but it just comes up.-> a setiface error has occurred 536870929 :!: ive even tryed dragging and droping it from another pc but that dosent work either :?: :?: :?:

OK what do you have running on boot? If avast is there untick it. Also have you got the avast service running on boot? If so untick it.

If you dont know how to do this and assuming you're in vista type "msconfig" (without quotes)in the search feature on the start menu (in xp click run in the start menu and type msconfig). Once the window comes up navigate to the startup and untick anything by avast. Then navigate to the services tab and at the bottom left click the Hide all Microsoft Services untick anything with avast mentioned.

Now reboot and run a registry scan as mention earlier.

If the icon is still in the taskbar then its not avast.

Sponsored Links
Back