Pendant light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a pendant light that is fitted with a brass dome, the wiring has a electrical block on the end.

I have the cable coming through the ceiling, I cannot use a loop in ceiling rose so what else should i use to contain the electrical block to make it safe.

Gopher

Sponsored Links
can you get access to floor above light? if so get yourself a junction box to terminate existing wiring into that is already there and just pick up your switch wire ,neutral and earth to limit the amount of wires in the brass dome.... the earth block i assume you mean is already on the fitting, simply connect your earth you bring through hole into the block and tape up , perfectly fine to do so and very commonly carried out......

I have read that the electrical block should be encased in a heatproof besa box, but that would mean chiseling my joist away to accomodate it.
So I am ok just taping up the conecting block with Insulation tape and leaving it inside the fitting of the light?

diyunotaclue said:
can you get access to floor above light? if so get yourself a junction box to terminate existing wiring into that is already there and just pick up your switch wire ,neutral and earth to limit the amount of wires in the brass dome.... the earth block i assume you mean is already on the fitting, simply connect your earth you bring through hole into the block and tape up , perfectly fine to do so and very commonly carried out......
So I don't need to encase the electric block in a heatproof besa box sunk into the ceiling?

Sponsored Links
yes it will be fine......if your that worried get a piece of heat sheathing and slide it over cables.... the light isnt anywhere near anyway is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back