Pentax Remote Assistant 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have down loaded the remote assistant 3 which says with a Pentax K10D with firmware up-grade to 1.31 it will allow me to control the camera from the computer.

To start with I could not find the lead as I rarely down load direct from camera I normally take the card out and pop it in PC but when I did find it the software did not seem to see the camera.

I tried using direct in case it did not like hub and tried standard down load in case fault with lead which worked.

As far as I am aware nothing else I have uses that lead so very unlikely I have the wrong one.

So next is to see if it works with other Pentax owners. I had hoped to be able to use it to take remote pictures of birds and insects in the garden.

Has any one else used the software and if so where there any problems?

Sponsored Links
Such a silly thing. When you open it up right click not left and open as administrator.
remote10.jpg

remote11.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not the best bit of software I have used but I am impressed on how Pentax has continued to support the old camera with firmware updates and extra software.

Got a feeling may have been better with XP?

Taking one picture fine but trying to take a sequence it crashed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back