permenantly removing radiator to install french doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi looking for some advice on the following problem so I know what i'm asking for when I look for a trades person to do the job.

downstairs in my dining room i have a window with a radiator below it which is fed by microbore pipe which comes out of the wall just above the skirting board. i want to remove the radiator and the window and replace it with a new french door to go into the garden. the floors downstairs are concrete and the heating is run off a combi boiler. what do i need to have done in order to permenantly remove the radiator to then allow to have the brick work cut out to make space for the new door?

appreciate any advice on this matter.

Sponsored Links
Do you have another radiator in same room? Would you get cold without radiator?
Does the pipes run up to first floor under floorboard? You can cut off pipes under floorboard where it drop down to ground floor.

Daniel.

we don't have another radiator in the room at the moment but will be installing a new one on another wall at a later date. this is all part of a bigger project to remove a wall between the kitchen and dining room.

i assume the pipes run down from the first floor as the floor in the dining room is concrete.

Sponsored Links
Isolate heating circuit at boiler
Locate pipe drops by lifting upstairs flooring
Vent pressure from heating circuit
Cut redundant pipework and cap off
Open heating circuit
Re-pressurise heating circuit
Drain redundant radiator/pipework
Remove redundant radiator/pipework
Check for leaks
Replace flooring
Remove waste

It would make sense to make provision for you new radiator location at the same time rather than repeat the process later

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back