Removing a rad permenently

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK here\\\'s the basics. I have a combi boiler downstairs in one bathroom and i am am trying to install a bathroom in the room above it. The upstairs room has a radiator and a sink. Now i can remove the sink and put the pipework in for the shower, bath, toilet and sink using push fittings and copper pipes. I\\\'ve been reading up about removing the radiator but all the advice seems to be about removing it to put it back. I\\\'ve got a towel heater that i want to put in a different place in the room which needs to be plumbed in to the where the existing radiator used to be. The main question is how do i remove all the fittings on the existing radiator so i can take the pipework back under the floorboards and across the room? Do I need to drain the whole system and if so where is the drain point likely to be? Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Drain down from down stairs using draincocks which you attach a hose to and open up.
If you can work out which pipe drop serves the rad in question you only need to drain this. Don't forget to vent.
When empty lift floorboards under rad and cut pipes. Remove rad and run your pipework from the 2 cut pipes to its desired location. Pipe up your towel rail and refill boiler to 1 bar.
Hope this helps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back