towel radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i want to fit a towel radiator in my upstairs bathroom which means removing the old radiator if i shut off all the other rads and keep the water in these is it easier to just drain the rad im changing and the pipework and how is the best way to do this (which drain valve do i use)
appreciate all advise

Sponsored Links
if you shut all the other rads off then you may upset the system if each rads been balanced.

if your doing pipework alterations then you'll have to drain the system not just the rad your working on.

could i fit crome plated elbows to exsisting pipework to help alter the pipework. i also have a drain valve on a pipe coming out of the top of the boiler is this ok to use to drain it all down

you can but it will not look that nice.
can you not alter one of the pipes ?

any draincock lower than the pipework your working on.

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind, depending on size of existing radiator, a towel rail has a lot lower heat output. If you like your bathroom tropical, a towel rail alone is unlikely to achieve it. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back