Perrymatic Jetstreme MKII jet change?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was wondering if its possible to convert my perrymatic jetstreme MKII from Gas Oil to Kerosene. I have been inform that all i need to do is change the jets, is that correct and if so where can I buy them from?

The details I have found on the unit are:

Perrymatic Jetstreme MKII
Fuel Class C or D
Jet 70/90

I intend to replace it soon for something more efficient but I have an ARGA that runs on kerosene so it would make sense to have them both on the same fuel to keep the costs down. Also I could get rid of one of the tanks :)

Any suggestions/advise would be appreciated. Thank you Gary

Sponsored Links
Nope but I am guessing from your reply that I will need someone with that to install the jets?

Get hold of a copy of the manufactures installation manual.
It's most likely that you can covert to c2 fuel.
Would require new size nozzle, oil pump pressure adjustment.

A check on flue gasses would also be advisable
There is no requirement for oftec or any other qualifications
to work on oil boilers.

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to change fuels? You will need a gas analyser to ensure you have correct combustion, It will, for example, indicate if you have just fitted a faulty nozzle.

Just for your information really - it seems that your Jetstreme, if set up for class D, should have either a .75 / 80W or a .85 / 80W nozzle at 125 psi, and for running on class C, the nozzle remains the same but the oil pressure is increased to 145 psi.
The original nozzle would have been a Delevan one, and the CO2 level would be 11.5%.
Thats according to the bumf I have and I hope it helps, but a pressure gauge and flue gas analysis is essential on commisioning.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back