peugeot 106 oil pump damage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey pug finatics i recently bought a s reg 106 as a run around and my wife kindly drove it into a (apparently small rock).That small that it managed to dent the sump to the extreme that it cracked the oil pump inside :mad: :mad: without peircing the sump itself...anyway i changed the pump and serviced at the same time and now it has ran a bit it seems to be missing on one cylinder and tapping rather loudly i was informed at the time of breakdown they drove it a further 1mile to get to the inlaws house could this be a seize up of some sort??? and is there any tests i can do

Regards martin

Sponsored Links
Oil pressure check, or see if you have any oil pressure at the oil pressure switch on the engine block.

Try and find the cylinder that is not firing, by disconnecting each one in turn to see if things get worse.

I would suspect a partial seizure and possible crankshaft shell bearings. If you like a flutter on the horses (a gamble) might be worth stripping it down, especially if you can do at least some of the work yourself.

Good job you didn't buy her the Audi TT for her birthday, that you were talking about??

Do go for the oil pressure check - big end bearings will knock heavily rather than tap though, and they will be the first to fail.
The coil pack is integral to all of the 4 plugs on these, so individual plugs can't be disconnected, but if the coil pack has failed the engine management lamp will be on.
Do post back with what you find!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back