peugoet expert 2.0 hdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have recently purchased a 53 plate expert 2.0 hdi,

I have had no probs up until now .The van was running fine and then suddenly died being quite mechanicaly minded ive narrowed this down to a fuel problem,Ok so driving a while, it died at a junction ( VERY PI"£$ED OFF) Waited a while and then it started again and of i went its now starting to judder a bit ,I noticed thr tax was last done in 08 so could it be **** it the tank as it was empty when i bought it. Tommoro im going to change the fuel filter put in some injector cleaner and fill the tank does this sound ok or is there anything else that can be suggested

Sponsored Links
Have a look inside the fuel filter chamber, and the state of the element within.....if the element is really black then its been in there for ages.
What you don't want to see are brass filings in the bottom of the filter chamber.
John :)

Hi cheers for that ,I changed the fuel filter yesterday and found some very small dirt particles i can only assume that came from the bottom of the tank as it was low when i bought it. So a new filter and ring seal seems to have done the job with a full tank of clean derv,no fillings so im happy thanks for replying :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Very pleased to hear that and thanks for the reply...brass filings are a sign of pump failure on these, so happy that you didn't find any!
John :)

Back