Pharma lying

Last i heard the Chinee were smuggling opioids in tins of dog meat into the UK.:sneaky:

The wheel turns.

The British went to war with China and forced them to accept imports of illegal opiods from the Empire.

At that time Britain had overwhelming military power.

Sponsored Links
Except we don't and if we did, they wouldn't be as advanced as the Pharma companies we have.

We're not exactly flooded with new and effective drugs from China and Russia, are we......
It reminds me of this bit from the West wing

Joey Lucas: “The Federal Government shouldn’t be directing scientific research.” Sam Seaborne: “Why?” JL: “Because you stink at it. ‘If it was up to the NIH to cure polio through a centrally directed program. . . You’d have the best iron lung in the world but not a polio vaccine.'” SS: “When did you get an M.D.?” JL “I was just quoting Samuel Broder. . . . The former director of the National Cancer Institute.”

Everybody lies when it suits them, including to themselves. Once they're convinced, they don't realise it's a lie.

Such is life.

Sponsored Links
Except we don't and if we did, they wouldn't be as advanced as the Pharma companies we have.
Surely you don't believe that?

Big pharma = big profits, supported by the ruling classes who have a monetary interest in said profits!

If you don't understand that then you must be on the over priced opioids that big pharma (aka drug dealers) con people into using when unnecessary by paying doctors to prescribe them!

And they love ripping off health services too...

For example generic paracetamol tablets can be bought in a supermarket for about 1p a tablet...

To the NHS it's at least 3 times that amount!

Big Pharma may have big profits (though they also take big risks), and as with all organisations, there will be some bad apples. But you've made my point perfectly with regard to public services being less efficient than privately operated services. If the NHS with its huge buying power can't manage to buy generic paracetamol at a better price than a supermarket, how on earth could they ever manage drug research!

If the NHS with its huge buying power can't manage to buy generic paracetamol at a better price than a supermarket,

To the NHS it's at least 3 times that amount!
no it isn't. It's 10% cheaper.

Did you make the mistake of believing Ellal?

Everybody lies when it suits them, including to themselves. Once they're convinced, they don't realise it's a lie.

2.5p each at tesco

2.5p at Aldi

2.225p to the NHS.

no where near that price when its on a prescription
Why would you want a doctor to prescribe you paracetamol?

The prescription charge is a payment to the NHS. It bears no relation to the cost of the medication.

The prescription charge is a payment to the NHS. It bears no relation to the cost of the medication.
well enough people do that it cost the nhs 80 million quid a year . so take it off the list of what can be prescribed

well enough people do that it cost the nhs 80 million quid a year . so take it off the list of what can be prescribed
AFAIK most GPs would not prescribe such a cheap OTC medication. And I don't believe the NHS prescribes £80,000,000 worth of 2p tablets in a year. Do you?

So it was a fairly foolish example for ellal to use (even if he had been accurate, which he wasn't)

But they are handed out as first option painkillers in hospitals.

It could apply to co-dydramol or co-codamol, could it not?

Sponsored Links
Back