Photos of New Hardwood Door Fitting Quality!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm am in the process of buying a new house and would like an informed opinion on if these doors have been fitted correctly?

Apparently the windows are painted hardwood so perhaps these doors are too.

I have not seen doors before with these 3 metal plates on show, are they a security feature,surely these plates should be hidden.

Also the sill appears to be metal, I find it odd the screws are on show, is this the correct way of fitting?

Does anyone know what make the doors are so I can check with the manufacturer?

All your help is really appreciated, it's bests if I have some info before the builder tries to fog me off.

Sponsored Links
The pics show a six point security door which I assume is stepped into the frame. Whilst the hinges are visible from the exterior, unless someone was willing to break in by drifting out the pins (a difficult and noisy task I would have thought) I doubt if they are not secure. As for the metal over sill showing the fixing screws, I find that a little odd, not insecure but odd...pinenot :)

Judging by the cracks in the bottom corners Im assuming these are modern softwood doors so you will need to take care of them and paint often or they wont last long.

There is a grub screw that stops the pins being removed so they are pretty secure, Easier and quieter to just smash the glass if someone wanted to get in.

A couple of odd screws showing but seems to be reasonably well made and fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back