Photos of the old & dangerous

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These items were removed from a house during a rewire.

This mess was the main connection point for the 1st floor socket outlets in a house, supplied from a 16A MCB. The neutrals were all loose, and the earth wires twisted together outside the box. The supply cable is black rubber covered stranded T+E, the others more recent white PVC.

This box is the type designed for joining tails, clearly never intended to be used like this. Was just loose under the floorboards.

Old pendant set with cotton covered twisted rubber flex. The supply cable to this was white PVC - so this has been removed in the past, and someone just put this 40+ year old fitting back, rather than spend £3 on a new pendant set.

Sponsored Links
I actually pay about 75p for them as I'm an account holder but that wasn't my point, my post was merely a humorous one (the punch line being day-light) as I'm well aware that not everyone has access to an electrical wholesaler.

Sponsored Links
Even in a small DIY store don't expect to pay more than £2 for a pendant, £3 if you want the rose as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back