Picture of the week!™

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks, it's that time again.

This week we have an external junction box which supplies some pond equipment.

DSC00229.jpg

Sponsored Links
Excellent and informative as usual. Just one question - why weren't you watching the rugby - or was this posted at half time?

I have been watching proper rugby this evening (St Helens V Leeds)

Besides, the union game had finished before 10pm, which as you can see is when this was posted :rolleyes:

33-6. Nice for the Rhinos.

Even better result for England against the real enemy. And we are still World Champions :!:

Back to the pic. At least the box is the proper rating. Do all those flex leads get buried in the flower borders?

Sponsored Links
that JB looks a bit cramped and untidy but is there anything actually wrong with it?

I thought that, but the only thing i would say is the T & E supplying it

not ideal but it's leaving through the bottom so there shouldn't be too much potential for water to get in that way and the box probablly shields it somewhat from direct sunlight.

I might be wrong, but all of the cables, except the T&E, appear to be indoor flex, rather than SWA. The radii of the turns look too tight for SWA and there is no armour visible. It looks like the installer used an outdoor box and gland seals, for weather-proofing of the terminations only.

i bet the blck flexes are rubber which is what most pond kit has, no idea about the white one, but as rf lighting said no lid, but we all assumed he took the lid off for the pic

I think it would be a lot dirtier if the lid had been off for a while!

Are the Neutrals and Earths all crossed up? It looks like there's a Y/G wire in the bottom of the right hand terminal, and a Blue in the bottom of the fourth terminal.

that JB looks a bit cramped and untidy but is there anything actually wrong with it?

Agree with Plugwash.

Box and glands IP56, if lid was missing then it looks very clean with no signs of ingress of water.

What if I told you it was installed by one of the regulars on this site? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back