Picture of the week!™

Sponsored Links
B.A.S been diying mate ;)

RF hope you fed my koi while there :D
Only joking it's not mine.

Sponsored Links
That junction box is a Newlec one - 30amp rated - really nice for wiring lighting circuits connections in order to feed chandaliers from.

Nice big terminals and wiring room makes them easy to work with.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Its a he*****y one (cant recall), available from most wholesalers with either nioprene (spelling) entries, or 20/25 knockouts.

Re-badeged as newlec.

I wired that JB. And theres nothing wrong with it!
The lid was removed for photographic purposes. My camera has auto focus, but it struggles with the old x-ray focus.

Right.
The top flex goes to a 10 amp outdoor light switch, which feeds the 2 R/H flexes.
These feed a 150w halogen (patio area) and a 300w halogen (rest of the garden).
The 2 left flexes are permenantly live and feed a 50w pond pump and an 8 watt UV filter.

The T+E goes indoors and is fed from a 5amp FCU on the RCD protected kitchen ring final.

I know it isnt ideal, and I'm looking at ways to improve it (another JB closer to the nearest light fitting, to feed both lights from, plastic conduit, Hi-tuff or concentric)

And the box is weathering shockingly, to say its weatherproof. It has rubber entries but i chose to use glands for their extra protection. And it was from Q&B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back