Pipe sizes CH flow and return

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My six bed house (lotsa kids) has a seperate CH bolier (about 60k) with 28mm flow pipes splitting into 2x22mm one feeding downstairs the other upstairs. My builder is doing some structural work which meant him moving the boiler and has made it a pressurised system. Because of piping runs he has reduced the 22mm downstairs feed/return pipes to 15mm for about 5m before joining them back to the 22mm pipe. He says that because its now pressurised (about 1.5 Bar) that it will make no difference.
Anyone have any learned opinions about this please?

Sponsored Links
bad idea, I wouldn't want that in my house. Cutting corners is not the answer and pressurising it doesn't change flow thru bores of pipework.

Rubbish. Pressurising means nothing. It's flow and resistance that count. That said i don't see a problem but you may have to balence the rads to ensure a good flow.....and he may have already done this

Thank you both for your replies. Not sure whether to tell the builder to undo some of his work to run all 22mm or not.

Maybe I will sleep on it.
Regards

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back