Pipe Squeal, bank & Shower leaks a little.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can help.

All I have plumbed in at the mo is a temp cold water tap in the kitchen. the bathrooms new and comprises of a toilet, basin and shower. Loo, basin, shower, pipework and fittings all less than a month old.

Cold water only, no boiler yet, all newly plumbed in, (Electric to shower not connected up yet).

After a couple of weeks of finishing the bathroom when either of the two cold water taps is turned off pipework / shower squeals, bangs and then I get a sudden brief spurt of water from the shower head.

Having not visited the house for a couple of days the shower room floor is all of a sudden wet through.

I'm guessing that next doors washing machine is having an effect too.

Water pressure isn't brilliant (Comparing with home water pressure), actual water pressures unknown.

When I flush the loo the problem doesn't occur. Next doors toilet overflow pipe regularly leaks and they tell me this happens the most when the washing machine is being used.

Help and advice as to what to do / look for and how to solve the problem much appreciated.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Most would probably advise getting a competent plumber!

When I first read your topic I thought it said Pip Squeak !

Tony

Very Helpful, thank you!

Problem has been solved though and didn't need a competent plumber to do it either.

:D

Sponsored Links
I'm no plumber but I've done a lot of plumbing and I was completely baffled by this one.

To be honest I don't know yet for sure but I can guess that the problem was next door because having spoken to them about the problem the other day and pointed out to them that there overflow pipe was leaking on a regular basis, almost continuously at times, there was a local plumbers vehicle parked outside there house yesterday for a while and today they had a new washing machine delivered.

My problem has now put itself right, it was OK all day yesterday and this morning there was no water in the bucket to see.

Today it was wired in and switched on and all's working perfectly.

Monday next I start plumbing in the central heating system (Not Gas), i'll be getting a heating engineer to plumb in the gas, check everything and switch on and test etc etc.

Electrics will also be tested by a qualified electrician when complete, haven't had one fail yet.

Problem has been solved though and didn't need a competent plumber to do it either.

:D

From what you now say it seems that a competent plumber did in fact diagnose and solve problem!

Not in your property but next door!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back