Pipework.........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am after some advice ref the central heating on my2 bed flat. The flat is a 30's build with concrete floor and parquet on top. I am replacing the boiler shortly with a Worc Bosch (advised 24i).

My main issue is that the two pipes that run around nearly all sides of the two bedrooms look 'unsightly'. They have been attached to the skirting and so the distance from wall to edge of pipe is getting on for 2". I have been told that the cheapest thing to do is box them in, to be honest it is not something that I want to do.

Would it be possible to have these put behind the skirting - either route the skirting/chase the plaster or a combination of both.

I have spoken to one plumber who seems to think that this will be fine to do using plastic pipework. What effect is this likely to have on the skirting? will the hot pipe make the skirting warp etc??

Any advice on the best course of action would be very gratefully received by a DIY thicko.

Cheers

Tone123 :confused:

Sponsored Links
would think you`ll have the most trouble removing the skirting .........bloody great cut nails :eek: is it a particular design.......if it was replaced with a mdf copy it would be more stable than real wood

thb boxing it is the best idea. or paint the pipes the same colour as tthe background. than is uless you want to budget for some plastering... once you start to loosen the plaster, you dont know how much wil come off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back