piping up to a pedestal and sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the preferred/recommended way to pipe up hot and cold to a bathroom sink? Come up directly from the floor below, up inside the pedestal to half height and then use flexs etc to connect upto the taps? Or chase the pipes into the back/supporting wall and bring them out (half height lets say) behind the pedestal and then flexi up to the tap connections?

Appreciate the advice, thanks.

Paul

Sponsored Links
The hot and cold feeds run directly under the sink, and in terms of what would look better - bringing them up directly through the floor inside the pedestal would, although thinking about it that method doesn't seem to offer the pipes much support other than then the tap connection itself.

Up along the back, inside the wall is a minimum of two bends right? Do use E/F joints or pull with a pipe bender?

I need some inspiration lol :D - got any pics of the way you've done it?

i use e/f then you get a tighter bend so don't need to go to deep in wall, and tighter on the external side of the wall.

Sponsored Links
Do you bring them out halfway up the pedestal, so you can get around the waste pipe or right up just before the tap tails/connections?

depends on the job.

is it a single basin tap or two taps ?
is the waste going straight out the wall or down the wall to floorboards ?
are you using flexis ?

its a single mixer tap, with copper tails that are tight side by side which terminate just above the waste fitting - the waste is 2/3 up the pedestal and exits through the wall - i'd prefer to use flexis, but i'll use what is best for the job if they are not advisable.

mark the ped on the floor, remove it and fit the hot and cold just inside the cut out, refit ped and whb, rexix whb to wall and arefully remove ped and support under whb at one side so you haave access to the pipes again, then bend an offset to follow the line of the whb, fit an elbow and bent adaptor at the top, it is the hardest way to do it but by far the neatest, you have to be right down on the floor looking up (why ever you would be in that position on a bathroom floor is nothing to do with me)

Bloody hell - someone with Gas in their name that does proper plumbing :eek: Fair Play to you Kirkgas ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back