Moving sink and pedestal in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally got around to tiling the bathroom and now all i need to do is move the sink and toilet out to tile behind them...

It'll be one job at a time lol...What advice i'm after lads is what size are the water pipes ( are they 13mm standard ? ) and can i use a braided hose fitting after i've cut them to link the tap to the pipe when i re install the pedestal / basin.

I've heard the braided hoses are really good but im just unsure which ones to buy.

Also had a look at pedestal it doesn't seem to be fastened at all onto the floor ...does the weight of the basin when anchored to the wall stop it from moving ?

Cheers for any advice and a link to the hoses would be real sweet !!! cheers lads

Sponsored Links
Almost certainly 15mm, be it copper or plastic.
Most pedestals are screwed down The screw holes at re usualy inside the 'U' shape.
PlumbPedestal_tcm12-2956.gif

Nowt wrong with flexis IMHO, but they mostly have a restricted bore. That should not be a problem with basin taps, though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back