PIR code for bathroom lights

well as i mentioned I like to learn, so took the advice from here and went back to the property to check the water PEB again. this time disconnecting it from the MET.
And to my surprise I got a reading off approx 17ohms on this cable!!!
So I guess this should be written as a code 2 then. as the connection is not made correctly?

However, I re-measured the water pipe with this bonding missing and again I got the 34 milli ohms reading. Therefore, it does not need require bonding anyhow?

therefore could I write it as a code 3?

I love mondays!

Sponsored Links
Hi To be honest, no i never removed the water PEB. I left it conected to the MET and measured of there.
I suppose this only tells me if the pipe is sufficiently earthed and may not prove there is bonding?? But if the value was as low as i got and the earth bond was not there then does that mean I wouldnt need one regardless?
Argh!! you have me thinking now!

Am I the only one to be concerned that the author of this post is carrying out Periodic Inspections?

This is a job for an expert, not your average electrician.
Somebody competent to carry out Periodic Inspections should definitely not be asking a question like this.

Ditto

Oh my god! another one who is up his own posterior!!!

So do you find it difficult to find a pillow to fit your fantastically all knowledgable brain / head to fit on it porperly!

Expert??? Get a life!!! everybody has something they need to learn, only dumb arses think they know everything and belittle people who try to learn!!!

:LOL:

Oh my god! another one who is up his own posterior!!!

So do you find it difficult to find a pillow to fit your fantastically all knowledgable brain / head to fit on it porperly!

Expert??? Get a life!!! everybody has something they need to learn, only dumb a**es think they know everything and belittle people who try to learn!!!

:LOL:

Please (really) read the study "Unskilled and Unaware".

It's relevance to electricians - especially those carrying out PIRs - is uncanny.

Sponsored Links
All right dingbat!

Yeah I have read the article :) have you???? :LOL:

As i have stated, I dont believe I am an expert, I understand that there are still a lot of things that I need to learn out there, hence questions I ask on here! Im not afraid to admit I am unsure of something and will therefore ask the question instead of sitting in silence and then make myself belive that I was correct all the way along! or in fact just leave the job i have just attended and not give any more thoughts into anything and wash my hands off it!

Trust me, I take great care and consideration into my work and work hard into ensuring that everyone is more than happy with my work! its a lot more then so called "experts" do as they, as stated in your article, or the ones who are unwilling to learn any more and think they know everything!

As i have stated, I dont believe I am an expert, I understand that there are still a lot of things that I need to learn out there, hence questions I ask on here!

Good.

But you do quite regularly make incorrect statements, such as on your recent reply on the thread about qualifications. I can't imagine why you would knowingly do this on a public forum, so I can only assume you thought you were correct.

You're not alone though. In fact you're in the majority.

I just don't believe that majority should be carrying out periodic inspections.

I give advice on what I think is correct, the good thing about forums like this, there is always "experts" who are there to offer their advice on what they think is correct.

So tell me dingbat, when you are teaching do you tell all your students that they are wasting there time learning the qualifications as you need to bred into the industry? :LOL:

or do you teach them what they need to learn and hope that if they do have problems they will ask the question instead of going ahead and doing what they "think" is correct.

Oh, and by the way, I appreciate all your responses, as said I am here to improve my knowledge. Maybe you should reply to the thread about qualifications since you have read it, or do you prefer not to give advice and just shoot it down. You been an expert and all that :LOL:

So tell me dingbat, when you are teaching do you tell all your students that they are wasting there time learning the qualifications as you need to bred into the industry?

Quite the contrary (assuming I'm reading you correctly) the lack of general understanding of electrical principles and the regulations is endemic amongst time-served sparks.

There is no substitute for experience and regular training, but many apprentice-trained electricians seem to believe that once they finished college no more training would be needed.

I don't train apprentices, by the way. I get to see all the 'proper' electricians who are a result of that training and it's part of my job to disabuse them of so many long-held, incorrect beliefs. This is far more difficult than taking, say, an ex-IT guy with a bit of motivation and starting from scratch.

Now this is not to say that apprenticeships are worthless; far from it. For industrial electricians I don't think there is a better way, provided trainees are properly supported and properly taught at college (itself, a bit of a lottery). But for somebody like the OP, who wants to work for himself, the fast-track routes can be very effective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back