PIR ? light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a light switching ceiling mounted gadget that will switch a light on when stepping into a circle of about a metre dia and switches off with little delay when stepping out of the circle. I know of ceiling mounted PIRs but the detection area they cover is too great for my purpose. Perhaps I should be crying out for help in an electronics forum?

Joe

Sponsored Links
Does it have to be ceiling mounted, or could you use a pressure switch with a mat of the right size or whatever on the floor?

If it has to be on the ceiling, I suspect you're going to need some sort of custom built PIR where you can focus it, or something based on e.g. ultrasound / microwave detection to get it that specific...

Yes it has to be ceiling mounted, I have found a Pir on the TLC web site with a dome shape detector, and I am thinking of experimenting by sticking a cover over it with a punch hole to lessen the detection area. It might work.

joe

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back