PIR secutity light question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anything be done with a PIR security light that is permantly ON, turned the mains off to do a small job elsewhere, but after turning the supply back on, this security light stays on all the time,

Sponsored Links
Did you flick the mains off and then back on quickly - this can trigger a few of these to remain on as an overide. Try turning off the power to the PIR again then wait a few seconds before turning back on. The light may take a while to initialise so may stay on for a bit and then go off.

its been off for ages mate, weeks literally...........but i turned on the S/F supplying it this afternoon and its still on this evening :cry:

Can also work the other way can't it?

I mean when it's stuck on, flick it off and on quickly.

Takes a min or 2 to turn off again.

I'm taking it you've tried all this anyway but just though I'd add my 10pence worth.

Take it you do a runner like me Efiste when it happens on a job :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Cant run away from the missus mate, the lights at my own house :cry: will try thr flicking thing again, cheers roo ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back