Places to visit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not been a traveller as such, but New Zealand was brilliant to visit. On our return journey, we stayed at Sydney - London with arrogance.
Have been to Turkey, Greece, Rome ( brilliant ) Amsterdam ( including Red light district )
Your best places?

Sponsored Links
agreed - Sydney harbour but also Cairns, Blue Mountains.
Also: Vietnam, especially Hue & Saigon: Cambodia, especially Ankor Wat: Laos, especially Plain of Jars; .

Been all over the Mediterranean.
Probably the best holiday I've had was in Cyprus. We booked a mini cruise to Egypt, saw the Pyramids and King Tut's treasures.
I must admit, even at my age (50+) , I like Ibiza, in fact all of the Balearic's are great, although Minorca is a bit quieter than I like.
I love any of the Greek Islands, people are so friendly. Their like friends you've had for years.
Tenerife and the Canaries are very good at any time of the year if you want to catch the sun. Was in Tenerife a week before Christmas last year. Unreal listening to Wizzard ( i wish it could be Christmas every day) on the jukebox and it was 26 deg C outside.
Went to Fuerteventura a few years back and loved the place.
Amsterdam is a great city to visit. Prague is quite nice. Paris is hectic. Barcelona has great buildings. Marbella is bloody expensive (same for Puerto Banus).

All much better than any holiday I've ever had in this country.

Sponsored Links
Rome, there's archeology round every corner, amazing place, but my heart is in Byron bay.

Ozward...
Most stuff between, and including the following...
Coral Sea
Southern Ocean

Asia...
Strait of Malacca joining Pacific to Indian Oceans - From Penang & Pangkor Islands to Singapore.

Nearer home...
N Atlantic crossing riding a Queen to New York !!

Various UK spots LE to Skye ... plus Inns, as and when...

WIP, not finished yet.

-0-

Went to the hawaii islands a couple of years back and stayed on Oahu island what a fantastic place also its been described as the most beautiful place on earth and you could see why....had lots of days out and went on a polynesian tour what a blast, went onto wakiki beach but felt out of place with my pale white skin and beer belly :oops: :oops: seen plenty of pammy anderson type though..pearl harbour was fantastic and the way they remember their fallen soldiors puts this country to shame

Rome, there's archeology round every corner, amazing place, but my heart is in Byron bay.

Surfed Byron Bay 36 years ago. Slept on the beach. Hamburgers for breakfast, dinner and tea. Definitly one of the best places on the planet.

I found Bali to be a magic place. Great surf. I've been there 8 times but 30 years ago .... :cry:

I hitched around Oz when I was 16. Great daze.

Southport's quite pleasant at this time of year.

:cool: i just got back from Southport....and the place was buzzing today!!...full of bikes and there was live music and the whole place looked much cleaner than Blackpool!......sorry home town!

ps.....come on the seasiders!! :D

ive worked in Saudi Arabia, Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong.........my vote goes to Japan.........Kyoto, the geisha.........oh the geisha........

*goes to have lie down *

Sponsored Links
Back