Planning condition ?

Hello, We know there is a chance the sheds will have to come down. It would have been nice for my hubby to have had a workshop to play in haha. We haven't put any value on the sheds other than practicality of use. We wouldn't want to loose any of the land because of the sheds. At some point we will be getting a pony for the grandson. I guess its just a waiting game to see what the Solicitor suggests.
The actual wording for the planning consent says "as part of the planning consent the buildings on the west side of the development must be taken down and the area made good with fresh soil and grassing of the area". This should be done 2 months before occupancy of the bungalows. Two of the larger original buildings were taken down. But three remain. If these buildings do come down , what are the chances of us getting planning for a double garage or replacement shed where the present sheds stand ? This land is probably agricultural.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Nakajo, Not sure keeping quiet will work in the long run. I feel sure the Solicitor will pick up on the fact the sheds are still standing. But watch this space,

Thank you

As expected "This should be done 2 months before occupancy of the bungalows" therefore would expect enforcement to request this be put right by them vacating until the sheds are demolished, rather than actually enforcing you must demolish the sheds.

Sponsored Links
Well today we have received news that the vendor is taking action against the builder of the bungalows for taking to much land. Whilst one piece of the land should be easy to sort out because it isn't on the land registry document as being his. But the bigger piece of land which vendor is saying doesn't belong to him is on the land registry document as being his. No idea why the vendor has to decided to do this now after three years. Does anyone know if this is a lengthy process ? I suggested that she just sell this piece of land to the builder but she just said no way. Many thanks

That could take years to sort out and cost a few quid as well UNLESS there's some very clear evidence that the disputed bit of land really does belong to the vendor. May have to move on... as for the planning permission thing, you need to find out if the land is classed as residential or agricultiural

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back