Planning permission and old planning condition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I heard that if we want to do a development on a building or on a part of a building planning permission is compulsory if a planning condition was imposed on this building or part of a building even if this planning condition was imposed many years ago. I would like to know if someone knows which piece of legislation deals with this issue.

Sponsored Links
It's not really something you can find via the internet. You would have to get in contact with your Local Planning Authority to locate previous Planning permissions and any related conditions imposed.

Sponsored Links
Can you tell me which section of this Act deals specifically with the issue that I raise because I have looked in this Act but I find nothing

General Permitted Development Order (GPDO) relating to householder's permitted development rights. These can sometimes be withheld by condition or by Article 4 direction.

@Auction;

Sorry; may have misunderstood.

Are you talking about a planning condition on a previous planning approval, or the withdrawal of your permitted development rights? (aka as Article 4 Directions).

I am talking about a planning condition on a previous planning approval. Moreover I would like to point out that I am the neighbour who complains

If someone has done something which a previous approval forbids, then you need to complain to the LA.

Perhaps more detail?

+1, more detail needed.

Planning approvals usually come with conditions attached. Generally, if the conditions are not complied with, the development is technically unlawful, but there are time limits beyond which a Council can take no action.

Furthermore, even if the alleged breach is not time-barred, you cannot insist that the council takes action - it is at their discretion.

I heard that if we want to do a development on a building or on a part of a building planning permission is compulsory if a planning condition was imposed on this building or part of a building even if this planning condition was imposed many years ago. I would like to know if someone knows which piece of legislation deals with this issue.

you again.. first time you showed up you were looking to make some trouble for a neighbour who put a window in his house.. next time you appeared you wanted us to summarise the Access To Neighbouring Land Act because a neighbour was refusing to let you on his land.. now you're back looking to make trouble for another neighbour?

has it crossed your mind that your neighbours might not heed your opinions, make efforts to have a compromising relationship with you, or help you out with your own housing needs because you're always looking for ways of being a **** to them?

glad I don't live near you..

@OP - if instead of writing one-liners you actually stated the facts, you might get more response.

I live nearby of no one involved in this case. I simply want to help a friend who is in trouble with his neighbour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back