planning permission

thank you very much for the info and advice. I hope to use the current skylights in the ensuite that I also have there, as it has no windows, so they wont go to waste and they are only about 7-8 years old. maybe putting the top pivot windows in and maybe a little larger I will be able to see out and give me more light

Sponsored Links
thank you very much for the info and advice. I hope to use the current skylights in the ensuite that I also have there, as it has no windows, so they wont go to waste and they are only about 7-8 years old. maybe putting the top pivot windows in and maybe a little larger I will be able to see out and give me more light
I'm 6'2" and a 1180x780 MO6 top hung Velux gives plenty of headroom to allow me to stand in the window easily. This gives a sill height of about 1300mm, which may be slightly high for some people. A 1400 MO8 or 1600 M10 would allow you to drop the sill accordingly.

that's sounds better sizewise I will mention this to the builder when I get this done. I would have thought there is more likely that you wont get rain in either, like you do with the central pivot. anyone got any idea how much this could cost me?

How much does planning permission for a house or extension cost these days?

We built two chicken houses for a client a couple of years ago and the planning permission cost £9k.
Seems like a rip off.

Sponsored Links

We built two chicken houses for a client a couple of years ago and the planning permission cost £9k.
Seems like a rip off.

For commercial buildings it's based on the area (at present £385 per 75sq.m.).

Single houses are £385 and domestic extensions £172.

Agree the whole thing's a complete rip-off.

Seems like a rip off.

For commercial buildings it's based on the area (at present £385 per 75sq.m.).

Single houses are £385 and domestic extensions £172.

Agree the whole thing's a complete rip-off.

I think I will stick to skylights, if I got planning permission and had the dormers I would have to move radiators and it will cost. I am hoping to use the existing skylights in the ensuite and maybe on in the back of the roof of the bedroom. anyone got any idea how much larger skylights will cost?
I cant believe that planning permission 9 grand that's disgusting

I didn't realise you had to have planning permission for chicken houses, they must be big

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back