Planning Portal - Mandatory Documents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to alter the layout of a flat in a Grade II listed building. I have spoken with LA Building Control and Conservation Officer and shown them what I intend to do and they seem OK. I am now struggling with the Planning Portal trying to complete the Planning Application for "Householder Planning and listed building consent". The on-line help simply states the obvious and is no help in describing the mandatory documents
  • Additional Plans
    Design and Access Statement
    Other Plans
    Site and Other Plans (used their link for this)
    The Location Plan
To summarise, I want to close a large opening in the spine wall and create a smaller opening to the side. I have the engineer's drawings for this. Building Control also want me to insulate the bathroom annexe exterior walls as more than 25% needs replastering. I also want to install an air-to-air heat pump with an external heat exchanger at the rear, but this is much less important if I can't.

Where can I find a good description of each of the mandatory documents?

Sponsored Links
Authorities exact requirements vary, this is a downside to an online application via the PP. Have a word with your conservation officer or your local planning department and they'll tell you exactly what you need to supply in order to validate the application.

Normally its location plan, relevant plans and or elevations of the building, a site plan sometimes (depending on the authority), a D&AS and listed building apps sometimes need specific drawings to show what works you require in more detail.

http://www.buildingconservation.com/articles/listedbuilding/listedbuilding.htm

Why don't you just submit the following...

- Design and Access Statement (Exactly this)
- The Location Plan (Location Plan at 1:1250)
- Site and Other Plans (Site/Block Plan at 1:200/500)
- Other Plans (Plans as Existing)
- Additional Plans (Plans as Proposed)

Or as FMT said, if you contact the LPA and ask what they require, if you only require some and not all of the above, when you come to upload the documents online to the PP, then just upload a PDF'd MS Word document with the following text "Not applicable".

My LPA may be able to provide further guidance...

http://www.woking.gov.uk/planning/service/applications/listsforms/listedbuildingconsent

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I've been down to the Town Hall and spoken with a Validation Officer about what she expects. She steered me away from 'Householder and Listed Building Consent' towards simple 'Listed Building Consent' as that has no fees. (In effect I would have had to pay £150 to ask neighbours for permission to bolt a heat exchanger to the back wall - a storage heater is looking more attractive. ;) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back