Plaster board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best recommended plasterboard for a bathroom wall which is facing external, in terms of moisture resistance and sound proofing?

Sponsored Links
Yes in 600mm x400mm travertine, it's a wall of approx 2.5m wide and a height of 1.5m then double glazed window across the width

From what I've read on here mate, I think going for tiles that big you wont be able to board and skim due to the weight of the tiles. I think you need to get it to brick, then render it.

I'm gonna just use soundboard on my bathroom and then skim but I'm gonna go for much smaller tiles.

The reason I'm doing it this way is I'm hoping the boards will 'warm' up the room a little rather than being just brick and render, but I dont think you can go bigger than around 300mm tiles.

Oh, the area with the shower, I'm gonna use that hardibacker stuff (like concrete sheeting) to make sure no moisture gets behind.

I have yet to do all this so dont take this as gospel but I'm sure I've read all this on here.

Sponsored Links
Sorted, 15mm foil-backed plasterboard. No problems with the tiles have fixed to 15mm moisture resistant, then tanked, in a shower cubicle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back