plastic beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently started using plastic beading for outside rendering jobs, but my new boss tells me that its no good because UV light breaks it down in a few years. Is this true?.... (really)?
I find it easier to fix, and i prefer the finnish so, this is why im asking around to find the truth. (answers from roughcaster/noseall would be much appreciated)
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I've got white pvc beads on my house, and a feature band exposes the beading proud of the wall by half inch or so, its still white 10 years on but to me it looks sh**e and stinks of a cheap job.

I've got white pvc beads on my house, and a feature band exposes the beading proud of the wall by half inch or so, its still white 10 years on but
to me it looks sh**e and stinks of a cheap job.

I'm the same as Freddy with this one. I've never used any other bead outside, apart from quality galvanised, or stainless steel. The two types of bead i use are render stop beads and bellcast drip beads. I "never ever" use corner beads outside,, just a batten to form all external corners/reveals/soffits etc. I think a beaded corner, whether plastic or metal, especially on a roughcasted/rendered wall, looks odd/un-natural. True,,, it's much easier to do the job using corner beads, but in my opinion, they spoil the look of the job, plus, they take away the skill involved, forming cement rendered/roughcasted corners, outdoors, the way that generations of plasterers and builders have done over the years.

Thanks for answering my question, (specific to the effect of UV light on plastic beading) Freddy!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for answering my question, (specific to the effect of UV light on plastic beading) Freddy!
OOoooh touchy; I can’t believe you actually seem to have managed to upset someone RC, especially as they specifically sought your opinion. :LOL:

Thanks for your posts roughcaster and noseall.
Always appreciate good advice.

RichardC.... dont turn this place into a circus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back