Plastic corner beads??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my earlier post re attaching corner beads(metal), does anybody use the plastic type, are there any pro's & cons? Thanks again for all your earlier replies.

Sponsored Links
used plastic ONCE, only because i absolutely couldn't get anything else, don't like them, they deform too easily IMO, which is probably why archway beads are plastic, don't rust either ;) but for internal skimming, always galv. thincoats for me.

It's just that I see plastic ones lined up with the galvanised and just wondered if anybody uses these. Somebody told me today that there is a 'rolled-up' type, sort of like a cardboard, but have'nt seen it??

Sponsored Links
The plastic radius forming beads are great, as long as the shape is good to start with. The other types are flimsy, and as TM said, they are easily put out of shape. Metal ones are the best.

i have seen the colour ones used on k-rend on a friends house, the beads match the colour of the k-rend.

Plaster doesn't stick to plastic like it sticks to metal so you get endless chips when it gets knocked.

think your wrong there joe metal render beads have gone for external its all plastic or plastic trimmed or powder coated internal will follow suit,op plastic bead is sound as long as fixed well .

For monocouche I have never seen s/s beads used, either plastic or powder coated mild steel (?) Some are better than others (some of them have a very small 'wing' so need a couple of nails in.- but any of them used properly have been fine.

One type of metal stop has a plastic clip on piece, which is great as you can stagger the plastic so that you lap the joins in the metal to give smooth lines. (Not very good explanation I know)

In sand and cement render plastic is no problem at all, at least I've not had a problem. Yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back