Plastic pipes on sealed central heating system.

Harrogate how would an insert stop a pipe splitting outwars as this one has done. If it was so safe and an excellent product why would some boiler manufacturers say do NOT fit on sealed system ,i have never seen any boiler manufacturer say do not use copper

And why would some boiler manufactures say that its fine?

Tell me where i said it was fine for use in every application?

I seem to recall saying it was a brilliant product IF used properly.

I know that if i had to run a pipe from A-B and I could do it in plastic with no joints and no floors up. i would use plastic. If i were to use copper there would be x amount of joints, and floors taken up. The later not being particually ideal.

Also- Have you seen the price of copper recently and the fact were entering into a credit crunch where people cant afford the high prices of copper but still need plumbing installations and repair carried out?

Sponsored Links
Yep wickes copper £46 fo 15mm bundle 108 for 22mm .And lasts far longer than the g`tee given with plastic and there are no O rings that we still don`t know how long they will last
So tell me how you would get plastic under a floor without lifting any boards

Yep wickes copper £46 fo 15mm bundle 108 for 22mm .And lasts far longer than the g`tee given with plastic and there are no O rings that we still don`t know how long they will last
So tell me how you would get plastic under a floor without lifting any boards

2 holes and slot.

Sponsored Links
I will have to start working in your area then because it sounds like every joist runs the right way to feed pipe through and i you can fish several metres of plastic through and find a little hole at the other end. Guess some people just have all the luck :eek:

I will have to start working in your area then because it sounds like every joist runs the right way to feed pipe through and i you can fish several metres of plastic through and find a little hole at the other end. Guess some people just have all the luck :eek:

no some of us are just good at what we do.

If i was that good i would be educating others. So pray tell how do you fit plastic pipes under a floor without lifting boards when the joists are going the wrong way or do you just remove the ceiling below. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately from that picture, we cannot tell what has caused that pipe to burst like that.?

Excess pressure; hoop stress is twice the linear stress in thin cylinders.
You never see a frozen pipe split around the perimeter, the split is always parallel to the pipe.

It might have been weaked by mechanical damage though, you can't tell that.

Unfortunately from that picture, we cannot tell what has caused that pipe to burst like that.?

Excess pressure; hoop stress is twice the linear stress in thin cylinders.
You never see a frozen pipe split around the perimeter, the split is always parallel to the pipe.

It might have been weaked by mechanical damage though, you can't tell that.

To me it does appear that the split is parallel to the pipe and the pipe has been slightly bent to open up the split even more.. perhaps the pipe had been kinked at some time in its life and has thus weakened it... Still the joint between the pipe and the fitting held :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back