please dont cry foul when you lose an argument

kendor said:
david and julie said:
Fair enough kendor and perhaps I shouldn't of included my own opinion which you have picked up on.

You say people are sick of the nasty comments(I will ignore the racist comment,because it is not racist not to want the country even more overcrowded) With this in mind could you tell me why you never made reference to the nasty comments made against Slogger in this thread?
This is where i get misquoted a lot, i'm not mentioning that comment or the like as racist , you are entitled to your opinion and we can beg to differ on it, what i call racist remarks are the comments about going out on the streets and killing or maiming a community of people as has been suggested by some on here. these are despicable comments and really shouldn't be allowed on here, is this the sort of comment by myself that you feel is trying to influence the Mods? if so then you are getting me wrong i'm not saying you or others can't have your views but does the debate have to lower itself sometimes to the gutter? that's all nothing more.

Thats all well and good kendor but it isn't a reply to the question posed, which was.
With this in mind could you tell me why you never made reference to the nasty comments made against Slogger in this thread?
what i call racist remarks are the comments about going out on the streets and killing or maiming a community of people as has been suggested by some on here. these are despicable comments and really shouldn't be allowed on here, is this the sort of comment by myself that you feel is trying to influence the Mods?

Bit OTT this kendor isn't it? off course I don't agree with any of that treatment to anybody. I have only ever said we don't want more immigrants and mean for practical reasons. We don't have the room or infrastructure to accomodate more people of whatever race, I consider that a sensible comment and not a racist one.

is this the sort of comment by myself that you feel is trying to influence the Mods

Have you got me confused? I cannot remember commenting about you in relation to the MODs. A quote is in order, please.

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
Bit OTT this kendor isn't it? off course I don't agree with any of that treatment to anybody. I have only ever said we don't want more immigrants and mean for practical reasons. We don't have the room or infrastructure to accomodate more people of whatever race, I consider that a sensible comment and not a racist one.

Extremely OTT but they wern't my words i was repeating what others had said on this forum in previous posts. perhaps you have missed these comments? there was a big gap where you didn't post and those comments may have been made then?

Yes, you are correct, I didn't post for a while, there was nothing I wanted to comment on, plus I've also been too busy.

This is where i get misquoted a lot, i'm not mentioning that comment or the like as racist , you are entitled to your opinion and we can beg to differ on it, what i call racist remarks are the comments about going out on the streets and killing or maiming a community of people as has been suggested by some on here. these are despicable comments and really shouldn't be allowed on here, is this the sort of comment by myself that you feel is trying to influence the Mods?[/

Still don't recall passing any comment in respect to you and the Mod's though. You know that if I had something to say to you I would do so to your face.

Go on kendo admit it, you've made a mistake. :LOL: :LOL:

david and julie said:
Yes, you are correct, I didn't post for a while, there was nothing I wanted to comment on, plus I've also been too busy.

This is where i get misquoted a lot, i'm not mentioning that comment or the like as racist , you are entitled to your opinion and we can beg to differ on it, what i call racist remarks are the comments about going out on the streets and killing or maiming a community of people as has been suggested by some on here. these are despicable comments and really shouldn't be allowed on here, is this the sort of comment by myself that you feel is trying to influence the Mods?[/

Still don't recall passing any comment in respect to you and the Mod's though. You know that if I had something to say to you I would do so to your face.

Go on kendo admit it, you've made a mistake. :LOL: :LOL:
not sure why you think i mean you? I was saying i get misquoted a lot in passing. it's the bolding of the word you by yourself that may be leading to what i said being taken out of context? i mean you as a group who often misquote me. it was a question, perhaps if the you is substituted to people? it might become clearer?

Sponsored Links
From what I have read, it seems no-one has mentioned one very important fact: this thread is very very silly...

"Please don't cry foul when you lose an argument". :eek:

It is not possible to "win" or "lose" an argument without forming a unanimous consensus on a point of view. So far as I can see, no-one has "lost" any arguments here as there is still a considerable difference of opinion.

1) Many of us are still of the opinion that muslim DOES NOT automatically equal terrorist.

2) Others would appear to be of the opinion that muslim DOES automatically equal terrorist.

3) The majority of DIYnot members have left their 20-foot bargepoles at home and therefore would not like to touch the issue. ;)

Simply saying "I'm right, if you don't agree with me you are a traitor" does NOT mean you have "won" an argument.

It DOES make you sound very silly though. :rolleyes:

david and julie said:
ban-all-sheds said:
Thermo said:
i havnt twisted your words at all slogger. Ive followed through your warped logical reasoning for defining what a uk citizen is. Ive asked two simple questions which youve been unable to answer.

[Moderator - message deleted]

Ban, may I draw your attention to rule No 8.

8 ) Abuse directed towards other forum members will not be tolerated. any such post will be removed with no warning

I reckon your post about slogger is against the spirit of the above rule, as it is a personal comment about another member.

FHS - it wasn't exactly scathing abuse, was it. You once called me unreasonable and silly. In the much the same way that I "said" that Slogger was incapable of logical reasoning you "said" that I wasn't fit to make informed choices.

Other people have called me names, more directly and more offensively than the "abuse" I directed at slogger. Doesn't bother me - I'm a big boy and happy to give as good as I get.

What does bother me, intensely, is being victimised by the moderator(s). Of course they need to step in if a thread degenerates into nothing but abuse, but what I said was far milder (and IMO wittier, but then I would say that) than much of what is left untouched.

It is made worse by the fact that you were not involved in this thread until this post.
Well excuse me - I hadn't realised that there was a rule which says that after n posts have been made in a thread, no new posters may contribute. To prevent any future problems, can you remind me what that number is, please?

It is, therefore completely unwarranted and you owe him an apology.
I don't think so, and I don't think so.

Just because you find his comments illogical doesn't mean you are right.
Well - unless you want the forum to drown under the weight of the pedantic addition of "In my opinion" all the time, you need to be able to distinguish between someone stating their opinion and a fact. As I'm sure you know - opinions are neither right nor wrong.

Now lets see if the MOD's play fair and remove your post. Failure to do this would just convince me their really is a clique on this board.
You should take a serious look at what is not removed by the mods, and compare it to what I wrote, and see whether or not there is a clique of mods favouring slogger.

Your reply was removed,by the Mods, because it broke the rules,it was a personal insult. You are correct, in that worse has been ignored by the Mods, however,degrees of rule breaking don't come into it. Generally speaking when the Mods do ignore insults it is happening in the heat of a debate. In this instance it was your first comment and had nothing to do with the theme, which is what makes the difference. If you don't like it take it up with admin.

In reality you were jumping on the bash an individual bandwagon,like others on here are doing too, just because they disagree with a valid opinion.

You should take a serious look at what is not removed by the mods, and compare it to what I wrote, and see whether or not there is a clique of mods favouring slogger.

I can only presume you have not read what has been going on otherwise you would not come out with such a misguided comment such as this.

What i saw ----just my opinion :)

What started off as the usual Freddie big mouth and Kendor have a dig so Freddie digs back over the bombings was then joined by Oilman which was all sorted out and went quite.

At the same time Slogger was throwing his deleted and his views in and the digs switched to him---it then became as Slogger quitened down that if he ever made a post then someone would post a negative to it just to bait him or drag it the usual way.

This seemed to be dyeing away when BAS comes from nowhere and starts it up again.

I think it is not very constructive and we end up falling out and taking sides.

I suggest we all go down the pub get sloshed and pic on some jap tourists then take the pee out of some fat Americans and then all go off to Julies swingers club and watch the goings on through the two way mirror, then all pile on the barge and see if we can get caught by the river police for speeding and draw up along side over barges and give them a real good rocking and scarper off back home before we get caught

It seems to me (IMHO ;) ) that the issue of personal attacks has only been highlighted since the likes of Slogger, Bob Dole and Moz arrived on the scene. Before this time, it still happened and no-one really gave a toss and accepted it as part and parcel of the very opinionated company that use the forum.

Usual practice is to start a thread, hammer it out, then by about page 4, the slagging off starts and ends around page 8. Thread is then finished.

What's happened recently is that an endless stream, of what I would consider Muslim/Islam bashing has occured, which I for one find offensive. I can accept that maybe one thread on the subject is reasonable, but to start new threads on the same theme could be considered a forum abuse by using it to promote racial/religious hatred, (again IMHO).

david and julie said:
Your reply was removed,by the Mods, because it broke the rules,it was a personal insult.
I said something like

"Slogger.... logical reasoning..... Sorry, that doesn't work"

As personal insults go, it's not actually very insulting, is it?

You are correct, in that worse has been ignored by the Mods, however,degrees of rule breaking don't come into it.
So why is worse ignored by the mods?

Why is it that a post questioning someone's ability to reason logically has to be removed, yet others saying that someone is talking rubbish, garbage, bullsh!t, balderdash, or calling them stupid, idiot, moron, plonker can remain?

Generally speaking when the Mods do ignore insults it is happening in the heat of a debate.
So does Rule 8 read "Abuse directed towards other forum members will not be tolerated unless it happens in the heat of a debate. Any such post will be removed with no warning"

In this instance it was your first comment and had nothing to do with the theme, which is what makes the difference.
So does Rule 8 read "Abuse directed towards other forum members will not be tolerated unless it is not the person's first post in the topic and is related to the theme of the topic. Any such post will be removed with no warning"

Anyway - given that it was a reply with a direct quote of a phrase already used ("logical reasoning"), it was relevant enough.

If you don't like it take it up with admin.
Oh I have.

In reality you were jumping on the bash an individual bandwagon,like others on here are doing too, just because they disagree with a valid opinion.
As I've said, it was a fairly mild "bashing" in comparison with much that is not removed, and if you deny people the ability to question someones reasoning in the course of a debate over differences of opinion then you might as well not have a forum at all.

I can only presume you have not read what has been going on otherwise you would not come out with such a misguided comment such as this.
In another post Slogger called me a moron.

His post was not removed, mine was.

How else would you view those two decisions?

Because I didn't see it, it's becoming almost a full time job to control this in the "General Chat" let alone the other sections :!: There's nothing to stop you to "Alert moderators" to help us.

Freddie said:
What i saw ----just my opinion :)

What started off as the usual Freddie big mouth and Kendor have a dig so Freddie digs back over the bombings was then joined by Oilman which was all sorted out and went quite.
Actually, no - this topic started like this:

Slogger said:
if you dont agree with a post and you feel the need to vent your spleen then say your bit and be done with it there is no need to get the ADMINS involved

So I guess that the fact that the admins did get involved, in a biased, lets-support-slogger way was more irony. What rich seams of that there are here.

And the topic has nothing to do with bombings.

At the same time Slogger was throwing his deleted and his views in and the digs switched to him---it then became as Slogger quitened down that if he ever made a post then someone would post a negative to it just to bait him or drag it the usual way.

This seemed to be dyeing away when BAS comes from nowhere and starts it up again.
Wrong again - the topic was started on 12/8, and that day there were 10 replies. 13/8 saw 8 replies, and on 14/8 there were 49.

Mine was the second one on the 15th, less than 2 hours after Thermo's.

How is that "starting it up again"?

Sorry BAS i should have explained better---i was referring across all asociated threads not just this one

Igorian---- you may find the ant-islam thing offensive but some because of what happened may have turned completely against those people for the time being, there situation isnt improved by having those radicals in amongst them. I think it would help their situation if they threw them out theirselves.

But can you really blame people for disliking muslims after this and the militants spouting their poison for so long???

Sponsored Links
Back