Please help, celling extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have attempted to install a new fan with seperate double pole pull cord with a 3amp fcu on the circuit but cant get the darn thing to work.
I took the power from the nearby light to a 4 term junction box, twin and earth from the pull switch to the junction box making sure the switch live was seperate. twin and earth from the junction box to the fcu connected via the switch live live and t&e and from the fcu to the fan but it dosent seem to work, i have 240 volts at the fan???
The fan i purchased should be a plain fan with no timer so i was surprised to see lL, SW, N in it, i have tried connecting to the live and switch live seperatly with joy. Have i done all correctly? if so do you think the fan is faulty? Please help, wires every where and a sore head from to much scratching.
Cheers all

Sponsored Links
yes, sorry about that but i cant find my other post, i thought it didnt make it. Can you help??

Sponsored Links
cheers, talking to you now via that post any chance of a bit more help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back