Please help me wire up this Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just bought a Honeywell T6360 and I want to put it in my living room to replace a really old TLX Sunvic 2259.

Can anyone give me a clue where the wires need to go in my honeywell cause the wiring diagram is too complex for me.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
IN your sunvic do you have a red ,yellow and blue wire as well as the earth.
IF SO RED TO 1 on honeywell yellow to 3 blue to 2 and earth to earth.

IF you only have 2 wires then use 1 and 3

AND check numbers in honeywell as they don`t go 1,2,3,4

Thanks for the reply, I will check my sunvic tomorrow for the wires you asked about, and the honeywell goes 2, 3, 4, 1.

Cheers ill post back tomorrow about wires.

Ok, the wires in the TLX are red, blue, yellow with a grey stripe.

They are at the bottom behind the white cap thing that clips off and slides down, there is also, some other wires soldered to the TLX but i am assuming they will be part of the TLX and thus be put in the bin.

So can someone please confirm the wiring setup for me, is it how namsag mentioned, cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sunvic 2259 Terminal 1 = Honeywell 6360 Terminal 3
Sunvic 2259 Terminal 3 = Honeywell 6360 Terminal 1

IF you have the Honeywell 6360B
Sunvic 2259 Terminal 4 = Honeywell 6360 Terminal 4

Otherwise the wire to Sunvic 2259 Terminal 4 is not required and should be made safe.

The earth wire, if there, is not required and should also be made safe.

Don't forget to turn electrics off while you change the stat

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I would just like to explain fully the wiring on the TLX, simply because the advice that D_Hailsham has gave me is different to the advice of namsag, so here goes:

In the TLX 2259:

Slot 1 = Red wire
Slot 3 = yellow with grey stripe wire
Slot 4 = Blue wire

The Honeywell is presumably the T6360B I think, it looks exactly like this
E5HONE5.jpg

The packaging says Honeywell T6360 Room thermostat but the product code on side says T6360B1028

Inside the honeywell it has the following numbered slots in order:
2,3,4,1 before the 2 is a slot with an image on that looks similar to an upside down christmas tree. :oops:

Cheers for any help with wiring.

Lee.

Are you sure it is yellow/grey and not yellow/green. Take apart room stat and make sure there is not another actual earth wire at back satchwell/sunvic used to go onto metal back plate

Sunvic 2259 Terminal 4 = Honeywell 6360 Terminal 4
Sunvic 4 is neutral, honey 2 is neutral ,Honey 4 is a satisfied output, so would not advise that,

sunvic 1 is demand red
sunvic 3 is common yellow
sunvic 4 is neutral blue

so if the old one was right before
honey 3 is demand red
honey 1 is common yellow
honey 2 is neutral blue
upside down xmas is an earth symbol, where the earth needs to go.

It sounds like you have red yellow blue and a bare/sleeved earth standard 3c+e cable
You can compare diagram in the new instructions, with the drawing on the sunvic terminal plasic cover.

Hi,

D I havent sorted it yet, I first wanted to check the color of the Yellow wire and it definately looks yellow with one stripe of grey down the side.

So can someone confirm the wiring difinitively and I will go for that, preferably someone who has already started to help me.

Cheers all.

Lee.

I first wanted to check the color of the Yellow wire and it definately looks yellow with one stripe of grey down the side.
Don't bother about the colour of the wire, it's not important.

You said earlier

Ok, the wires in the TLX are red, blue, yellow with a grey stripe.
There are three terminals on the TLX backplate: 1; 3 and 4. There should also be an earth terminal.
  • The wire connected to Sunvic 2259 Terminal 1 goes to Honeywell Terminal 3
  • The wire connected to Sunvic 2259 Terminal 3 goes to Honeywell Terminal 1
  • The wire connected to Sunvic 2259 Terminal 4 goes to Honeywell Terminal 2

If there is an earth wire it should be made safe as it is not needed (cut off any bare wire and cover end with insulating tape.

Hi,

I wired in the honeywell as per D_Hailshams instructions:

The wire connected to Sunvic 2259 Terminal 1 goes to Honeywell Terminal 3

Red wire

The wire connected to Sunvic 2259 Terminal 3 goes to Honeywell Terminal 1

Yellow grey

The wire connected to Sunvic 2259 Terminal 4 goes to Honeywell Terminal 2

Blue

I wired the earth wire into the upside christmas tree slot cause I had no elec tape to make it safe.

I have a problem, regardless of whether I have the thermostat on high temperature(above the click noise) or on low temperature(below the click noise) the radiators are on.

Any ideas?

Lee.

Just to add im starting to think that there is no power going to the room stat, I have one of those screwdrivers that has a light inside and I tested it on a light switch socket and it lit up then i tested it on the room stat and no light on any wire?

Whats my next option do you think?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back