Please help me wire up this Room Thermostat

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you mean, the heating is not a combi boiler its an old glo worm II

When we switch it on at the timer switch in kitchen it comes on but regardless of where I have the setting on new honeywell room stat the heating stays on.

i checked the wires and there seems to be no current going in, i could be wrong but the screwdriver i have doesnt light up when i press on wires.

Lee.

programmer is timer

you may need to open your wiring centre, be warned there is 240v and a good tangle of wires in there

Sponsored Links
probably not a fuse (although it is possible) but you will need to determine which wire does what, and then find out where you have power and where you dont.

Ok so now it probably sounds like a job for a professional, why would the wires be dead any ideas?

Surely I never killed em?

Hi all,

Here is an update, this morning the thermostat is working, ie if i turn it down the boiler turns off and if i turn it up the boiler sparks up so its all good in my view :)

Thanks to all that have persevered with me and gave me loads of superb help, especially D_Hailsham.

Thanks a lot,

Best wishes,

Lee.

Here is an update, this morning the thermostat is working, ie if i turn it down the boiler turns off and if i turn it up the boiler sparks up so its all good in my view :)

Glad to have been of help; it's what this site is for ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back