please help with window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a window .,.. double glazed in my bedroom?it has recently started to missed up , inside , I have been on sites that say I need a new unit ....... I think it only started when I steam cleaned the windows and blew away some of the sealent around the window . please help . I need advice :( :( :( :( :(

Sponsored Links
Steam cleaning windows? I'd be putting that kit in the loft if I were you, then after a couple of years its off to the car boot.

Sponsored Links
When you say 'blew away some sealant' i assume you mean the silicone sealant? If so this wouldn't cause the unit to steam up, units fail for all manner of reasons, usually age related, wear n tear, poor manufacturing or just reaching the end of their lives in which case they can be replaced without changing the whole window

As for the silicone then this just needs to be re applied

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back