Plum to shower cabin (self contained) from existing pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am fitting a self contained, free standing shower cabin (V6 quadrant 900 from VicPlumb) How to best plumb from existing pipework from existing shower to back of cabin once old mixer etc is removed?
The pipework coming through the tiles has 3/4 " female (the nut is on the pipework) coming out of the right hand side wall of the corner as you look in. Centres at about 150mm.
The cabin has 1/2" male fittings on the back of a corner panel of the cabin (ie not on a side wall) basically coming out of opposite sides of the back of the mixer tap (horizontally opposed about 75mm apart end to end)
So I have to get from 3/4" female to 1/22 male.
What to do?
Flexible hose? these seem to be female to female and are flexible suitable?
Speedfit? lots of turns to get from wall and do a U turn to get back to far side of new mixer.
Help and suggestions most welcome (think the fitting sizes are correct)
BigD

Sponsored Links
I think we need some pictures, to help understand your issue?

If the fittings on the cubicle are male tap fittings (which is normal)
And your supply pipe is 3/4 or 22mm, you will have to reduce it, using 3/4-22mm coupler with a 22mm-15mm. or 22mm equal coupler to 22mm-15mm reducer. You will need accessible service valves, these can be fitted to the 15mm pipework. From that point you could use the flexies female-female.

Thanks PrenticeBoyofDerry. I have photos now which I hope are visible and I read the situation wrongly before I took the mixer off. The H&C come out of the wall with an end nut on a 15mm pipe I believe (the house is only 14 years old so it has plastic plumbing with copper for the last stretch to the taps. The pictures show the H&C coming from the tiled wall, a wider shot of the existing shower tiled walls, the back of the mixer from the 'functional panel' of the new self contained shower cabin (2 photos) and I stood the functional panel in the existing shower enlcosure to show the front of the mixer and the distance I need to reach.
The new 'cabin' will stand an inch or so away from the tiled side wall to allow room for pipework. If could use flexible hoses this would be easiest I guess tho I'm not sure I can get the bend from the outlets to the far side of the mixer (which will be pointing away from the outlets) with the lengths I have seen available.
Which is the best way to plumb this please?
All help much appreciated.
Wife expecting quick results (of course)

Looks like you going to need some elbows, as the flexible pipes might not be pliable enough to bend within the void.

I would install rigid pipe to corner, then flexies from there to cabin terminals.

Sponsored Links
If it's a self contained shower cubicle, why not just knock the tiles off and run the pipes to where they need to be?

Yeah, I'd do it permanent or you could be plagued with issues later with too many connections.

Pull off the 2 tiles from the corner to the current outlets, and run the pipe back to the rear of the cubicle. Or see where the pipes enter the wall at floor level and run new pipework to the corner and then up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back