plumbing power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hope some one can help .fitting triton power shower above bath , can i take hot and cold feed from pipe work under bath before it reaches taps on bath. this is a tipical tree bed terraced house, old boiler, imersion tank in cuboard other end of house.its the hot water that is the problem.if icant do this i will swap it for electric.

Sponsored Links
You need to take your cold from the cold water cistern in the loft (the one that supplies your cylinder).
The hot should be taken from the cylinder outlet.
If you fit an electric one , you will need to supply it from a mains pipe. :D

I didn't know Triton did showers with pumps in. Is that what you've got?

Bahco is right about what SHOULD be done, but you often see where people get away with doing it "wrong". If you've already got the thing you might as well lash it up with some plastic pipe and see what happens - then try opening the other taps inthe house.

think i will go electric, after all i am a electrican not a plumber, does that meani have to drill the tank or cut in to the cold feed before it reahes the tank so it will be mains pressure.

Sponsored Links
It needsmains pressure. Pipe down from the loft is a common route.

Bear in mind that even with 10 - 11 kW you only get about 4 litres/min and it's worse in winter. Feels ok-ish because of the speed of the jets but it's not orgasmic.

thanks for the advice thats what i thougt about the electric shower,may be i will find a plumber. cheers :

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back