plumbing qualifications - MRSH, RP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Dad passed away last week at 88. A great man.

He had the qualifications MRSH and RP. I know what these stand for, and they were earned by him in the 1950's.

RP is not like "corgi-registered plumber", but is a true blue proper plumbing qualification.

I just wondered what level these qualifications were, as I heard once that RP was the highest you could go in that field?

I am writing his eulogy and I wanted to explain to people what they meant.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
hi , sorry to here about your dad, i was brought up by his generation of plumbers, strong honest men who could work lead, carry cast iron baths, work at heights without scaffolding, proper tradesmen,
i'm not sure about his quals though, at a guess i would say RP would stand for registered plumber and is now the IPHE, or it might be linked to the JIB,i'll post you a link for you to investigate further, good luck,
http://www.ciphe.org.uk/Consumers/Registered-Plumbing-Professional1/

thanks for that - I had forgotten the memories of Dad with a cast iron bath on his back, going up stairs!

And he did work lead - he looked after the roofs and guttering at the old Austin factory. Plus those bulbous joints fixing copper pipe into lead mains pipes - he tried to teach me once - its impossible!

Sponsored Links
These days you get RP Registered Plumber for a couple of years experience, from the IPHE, IPE as was. I found I got them when I joined. (Stopped paying now though, so not allowed!
Higher was/is Master Plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back