Plumbing to and from an outbuilding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guy`s and gals
Due to a small kitchen im looking to put my washing machine into the detatched garage which is around 3 meters from the house (and the main water supply pipe).
Im looking at tapping in and running pipe through the house wall and laying in a trench to the outbuilding but my questions are....
1. What sort of pipe should i be using for direct burial or am i best to run in a duct of some sort?

2.Ill need to run a waste pipe from the washing machine to a drain and wondered if,as above this can be buried direct or in a duct with instection holes?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
best run in mdpe (plastic (20 and 25mm), oh and regs state it must be buried 750mm deep minimum (frost protection) pea gravel or soft sand the trench. If it comes up under concrete base it needs to be into a duct.

Waste return needs a 1 in 40 fall to foul drain, it rerally needs to be run in 110mm i wouldn't try it in 40/32. Waste runs fall within buildings regs so be careful

The Water regs should be met as they may have criminal consequences.

Waste from the WMC is only Building regs and little enforced at the bottom end.

Many people would just use a 3/4" waste hose extension pipe for that situation and say that its part of the washing machine!

Tony

Thanks for the responces.....
MDPE...is that the blue coloured pipe ive seen?
I also suppose using this type of pipe would negate the need for main earth bonding in the garage.

MANY THANKS AGAIN

Sponsored Links
Garages and similar garden buildings have to be supplied via an RCD if the supply originates in the house and with armoured cable!

But apparently not if they have their own metered supply!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back