Plywood and Wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys im in the process of making a corner frame to cover some pipework in the front room.Im planninig to use some 6mm plywood that i have in my garage to use as the face which i hope to wallpaper over.Can ply be papered over and if so im guessing i,ll need to seal it first,if i can paper it can anybody suggest a product to seal it with?.Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I asked a similiar question about papering hardboard for my daughters playhouse. I posted in the decorating forum and thedec gave me an answer. No need to seal , just abrade with sandpaper and the apply the wallpaper as normal. I used bog standard solvite wallpaper adhesive and it's worked fine.
If there's still an element of doubt then ask in the decorating forum, unless you already have as I've not looked in there this morning yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back