Plywood for bathroom floor (over conventional boards)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What thickness of ply is needed, to go over conventional floorboards, in preparation for laying some form of lino / cushion floor.

Would the same thickness be need for a second toilet, but that has chipboard flooring.

A joiner is coming to do the work on Friday, but I have to buy the plywood in advance. Unfortunately, he is away at the moment, so can not contact him to ask.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
For lino you are just looking for FLAT stable surface to lay on so assuming boards are level just 6-9mm ply will be fine, chipboard is ok as is, if in good condition.

I've just had my floor done and I put down 12mm Marine ply, the floor guy then applied an adhesive to the floor and then a thin screed which he sanded and put down vinyl tiles. It looks the dogs.......!

Andy

Sponsored Links
The ply was screwed every 200mm, which was easy as I had removed the kitchen ceiling to check for pipe work.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back