Point & Paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Just wondering if anyone has used one of these sponge things and if they are any good. I know the professionals amongst you, will probably sneer at this kind of gadgetry, but I'm just a DIYer doing up my big old dilapidated Edwardian house, although by the time I've finished this place, I'll probably feel time-served. Anyway, opinions?

Sponsored Links
Well if you use one of them you will never finish, you would be far better off with a normal roller.

Dec

Use them for 'cutting in' the celing line if your a novice. but a roller is definatly the way for the main area's. Alot of the dec centres sell pacages of 9" sleeve frame & scuttle for cheap. Better quality than the b&poo stuff!

Cheers for the pointers chaps. I'm going to stick to the trusty brush then. Don't like roller method as I seem to use too much paint and it leaves lines everywhere.

Sponsored Links
If your leaving lines on the wall then your not back rolling enough, ie bad technique.
Start a full roller in a big 'W' shape then keep rollering over that area filling in the spaces until the coverage is even. look on you tube there MUST be a video!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back