Poland

Yeah, well that's how democracy works, i'm reliably informed by 52% of cats who prefer Whiskers.
With 'ornery members like Hungary and their Russia-loving leader it's a necessary amendment otherwise nothing would ever be done.
Exactly and how that works out in practice and who gets the sh*tty end of the stick.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Really, that's some impression to be under. Did you vote in the referendum thinking that?
I voted so Europe could be as united as possibly economically and politically against the threats from russsia snd in the longer term chinas, while alt right America steps back from being our ally.

Blup

Fair enough, it's just the maestricht treaty was about ever more monetary and political union. Something John Major had a problem convincing some of his members was good for the country.

Clegg was adamant there was going to be no EU army but here they are on manoeuvres this week.
And still no EU army.
Did you know we fought along side the French and Polish during WWII? Its not unusual for friendly nations to train together

And still no EU army.
Did you know we fought along side the French and Polish during WWII? Its not unusual for friendly nations to train together
Only a matter of time.
Sure it's not unusual for friendly nations to train together, depends whose banner they do it under given the EU is about doing away with nation states.

Only a matter of time.
Ah, that old Daily Wail trope. 'On The Brink' is another one of their favourites. Germany have been on the brink of ruling the world, for decades now. Don't you RWR get fed up with the suspense. :mrgreen:

Lol.

Quite.

"The European Union is based on the rule of law. This means that every action taken by the EU is founded on treaties that have been approved voluntarily and democratically by all EU member countries. For example, if a policy area is not cited in a treaty, the Commission cannot propose a law in that area."

Any examples where the EU ceded powers to itself, like you claimed?

Not took you long to get back in Denso mode again.
What do nation states have to do to become members of the eu, yes exactly cede powers to the eu.
And since the first treaty the rules have changed incrementally with each passing treaty. It's then the prerogative of each nation state to choose whether they agree with the changes and their direction of travel or leave. So as what happened in our case our leadership was happy to go with the flow the electorate was not and given the chance via a referendum took the chance because they didn't like ceding so much power to the eu.
As your on your usual timewaster trail it's over and out from me.

And still no EU army.
Much to Notch7's chagrin.
I found this from a while ago. 2018.
Ah bless, poor Noseall is desperate to deflect attention from the fact he has been proved wrong.
In case you arent getting it:
I never said there is currently an EU aremy.
You previously did say that claims of possible future EU army are just fantasy.
It shows Notch7's ability to flip flop, as the situation evolves.
On this occasion he was arguing that there was, or going to be an EU army.
Well it hasn't happened yet, in the last 5 years.

Sponsored Links
Back