Polybutylene vs Pe-X barrier pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I put in the heating and water at my surgery back in 1996, I used Hep20 polybutylene piping, which has been fine.

I'm doing an extension at the moment and using Speedfit which has gone fine so far, although it's a bit stiff but I now see Speedfit do polybutylene pipe too.

What is the essential difference as they seem to do the same jobs.

Any helpful comments gratefully received but please no "do it in copper" jibes. I did an end fed soldered copper replumb in my old house which was right for me and that situation but I prefer the plastic in the surgery.

Sponsored Links
Why aren't you using Hep2o again? It's a far superior product...IMHO ;)

Mainly because I lost my friendly chap at the counter at Zenith before they were shut down and taken over. He was great for advice and reasonable prices. Was roundly robbed at J****ns and P***b Centre as non trade and made as welcome as a bit of dog poop on the shoe at the former. Started using Screwfix, firstly on line and now we have a trade counter with a friendly and helpful crew just a few minutes away from site. They do the Speedfix and so that's the story.

Spent quite a few £k with them over the past few years and always happy with the service and no nasty shocks with prices as you know up front what things will cost and you can choose to have them or not, unlike an account with the merchants.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back