poor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wonder if anyone can help, my ststem is kettling and the boiler is cutting in and out rapidly i have tried sentinex and fernox central heating cleansers and it seems to improve things for a day or so.
When the system fires up in the morning it takes an age for heat to get into some of the rads as well.
When I drain the system the water does not look too bad either, I have done this twice lately and flushed the system through,but on occasions i have had to bale out the header tank which is black and has a floating brown scum on it.
I have had to change pumps every few years, and think that i might have to do this again, i have the pump running at the max speed, the rads upstairs are very hot the one down stairs are just warm.
There is no trapped air either, people have said powerflushing, but I have been quoted £600 for this.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Thanks the boiler is downstairs the only downstairs rad that gets hot is the one in the hall-closest to the boiler, have already balanced the ones upstairs but still very hot in comparison with the rest of the ones downstairs,even though they are closer to the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Thanks the boiler is downstairs the only downstairs rad that gets hot is the one in the hall-closest to the boiler, have already balanced the ones upstairs but still very hot in comparison with the rest of the ones downstairs,even though they are closer to the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back