Poor pressure on a megaflo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
oilman said:
Softus said:
I've we've lost him...

Someone's certainly losing something, what is the literal translation of your post?
I don't think simond is listening anymore.

The words are also the last line in Terry Gilliam's Brazil, spoken in refererence to the glazed look on the face of Jonathan Pryce's character.

Sponsored Links
I am in agreement with simond on this.

Proposition; a simple accumulator can provide a worthwhile (but limited duration) performance enhancement on unvented cylinders fed from supplies with poor system characteristics.

Nothing to do with increasing available static pressure; pumps and cisterns are not relevant.

Whether it is the most (or even an) appropriate/economic solution must be judged on a case by case basis.

It will however do what it says on the tin.

Crystal said:
I am in agreement with simond on this.

A potential customer then.

Proposition; a simple accumulator can provide a worthwhile (but limited duration) performance enhancement on unvented cylinders fed from supplies with poor system characteristics.

With a supply giving (IIRC) 4+ bar and 18l/min that hardly needs enhancing IMO, but an improvement will not occur if the "system characteristic" is low static pressure.

Nothing to do with increasing available static pressure..........

Which is just as well, since, other than pumping there is no way of doing it.

Whether it is the most (or even an) appropriate/economic solution must be judged on a case by case basis.

It will however do what it says on the tin.

Which is "acumulate", does it also say it's not much benefit if your staticpressure is low.

oilman,

having read you last message several times, I cannot determine whether you are unable to grasp the issues here or whether it is a deliberate attempt to obfuscate.

If it is the former, I suggest that you read the thread from the beginning, slowly.

If it is the latter I have no further comment to make.

Sponsored Links
Crystal said:
having read you last message several times, I cannot determine whether you are unable to grasp the issues here or whether it is a deliberate attempt to obfuscate.
There's a third permutation that you missed out, which is the real one, namely that oilman has grasped the principles perfectly, and the points he makes are 'crystal' clear.

I understand everything he's just written, whereas simond is the one attempting to obfuscate his way out of the corner he's painted himself into.

simond said:
I am satisfied that I have proved to the forum that this design delivers
Now you risk alienating me as well, Simon. You signally failed to prove anything, initially offering little more than hyperbole. It was left to others to work out the principles and calculate theoretical flow rates and pressures. You only belatedly supplied some actual measurements which simply confirmed the predictions made, particularly by ChrisR.

Apart from my initial jibes, I've tried to be fair to you in this thread, sometimes sticking up for you (and/or accumulators) when other regulars were attacking you (and/or accumulators). But you have to ask yourself why you have provoked such a hostile reaction from so many regulars. As ChrisR pointed out, your salesmanship skills don't seem too hot.

simond said:
We can fix your Megaflo if the standing pressure is over 1.5 bar.

Providing it has been installed for over a year and you are in our installation area. See our accumulator page on the web site.

Simon

A reminder of simond's first post on this topic. Salesman being the correct term. Absolutely no indication of answering the OPs question, just an out and out sales plug.

I would like to remind you of the chronology. I offered the OP a solution. Which I know works, both from my own technical understanding and the fact that we have over 70 units installed in Surrey and London.

We then have 11 pages of correspondence, mainly from people in the trade - with seemingly a lot of time on their hands, judging from the date stamps of their posts.

These 'trade' people demand to know the commercial terms, details of the patent, detailed flow rates etc. from me. It is reminiscent of being an outsider trying to join a secret club, rather than a helpful discussion board.

The question I originally responded to, as it seems most of you have forgotten, was from a member of the public on how to raise the flow rate on a Megaflo.

Since the vast majority of you armchair experts with time on your hands originally disputed my suggestion (perhaps an understatement) I don't have a problem naming my company as having expertise in the accumulator field.

As can be observed by those with the patience and stamina to read from the start of this ill mannered debate, the latest storyline amongst the 'regular pundits' is that you understood the principle from the start but were frustrated by my explanation. Your earlier posts betray this.

My experience in the plumbing and heating industry contrasts with that on this forum - most of our competitors and fellow tradesman are charming fellows. Perhaps it is because of the medium (internet), where no-one meets face to face, that it seems acceptable to be so rude and vindictive.

I am worried that the impression given to the general public reading this thread (and certain others in the plumbing section) is that the trade is full of miserable, impotent old men with too much time on their hands who like to score points off each other and make cheap jibes.

I tried to offer something original and frankly I have been surprised by the response; I will leave it to the sad minority to busy themselves by cutting and pasting parts of this text and adding their asides.

The only person with secrets on this topic is you, simond, and you're a bigger liar than I thought.

The questions that I asked you had nothing to do with commercial terms or patents, but were requesting details of your own domestic installation - the one that you claim provided proof "to the forum" that you were right.

At least the insults coming your way were direct and to the point, not underhand and slimy like the comments in your post this evening.

You know what they say - if you can't stand the heat, get out of the forum. :eek:

After all this heat & light, the thing I've still failed to get my head around is the patent and what 'inventive step(s)' led to it being granted.

It's siting there in all its glory at http://v3.espacenet.com/textdes?DB=EPODOC&IDX=GB2349908&F=0&QPN=GB2349908 but having read it I still can't see any advance over the 'receiver' used on a hydraulic ram pump (invented sometime in the 18th or 19th century). Especially given that the company behind http://www.accumulators.co.uk/accumulators/Accumulators.htm seems to have been doing much the same sorts of thing since 1968.

I am sure everyone (especially Softus) would like to congratulate raden on maintaining this admirable position.:rolleyes:

simond's second post said:
The last two posts about how accumulators can be used and the patent restrictions regarding their application are erroneous.

We are fully conversant with their application and fitment, and while there are licencing conditions we are up to speed on these too, and make sure they are honoured.

Contrary to the nonsense written earlier, an accumulator will work excellently on 1.5bar, we are fitting a number of these a week. And we can help the Megaflo owner subject to certain conditions.

Conjecture is no substitute for experience, my intentions were to try to help the person with the poor flow rate. If you are not sure about a product, it's best to qualify your opinions, rather than write untruths as a statement of fact.

Just misleads everyone and gets the trade a bad name.

Best regards

A rather miffed Simon

Second chance to offer help, instead, a second opportunity taken for a sales plug.

simond's 3rd post said:
It is a shame that I can post what is a 100% relevant, and technically proven reply to a respondent, and then an ignoramus puts in print that I have conned (edited to correct spelling) my customers.

The post continued in this vein with NO technical information, just another marketing ploy.

simond's 4th post said:
Gasguru,

If you are not directly competing with us (see .) I would be pleased to have a brief chat during working hours and we can compare notes.

Doitall,

My company has offered a no win no fee solution to accumulator customers, as it goes. Some non-technical customers don't understand the physics and it makes them happy to have this peace of mind.

If DaveCon1 is in our service area and is interested I see no reason why I shouldn't offer it to him, too.

Best regards

Simon
HWCH Ltd

There you go simond, a free plug for you. Again, NO technical information in your post, just a hint that you will relieve someone of their money.

simond's 5th post said:
DaveCon1, I guess you know what I am talking about.

If you are in Wimbledon, we can measure your standing pressure and we can solve your problem of poor flow. Operating pressure at the moment will be rubbish at 17 litres per minute. Whoever put in your unvented cylinder could have achieved an identical performance with a modest combi.

And yes, if our solution doesn't allow you to run appliances simultaneously we will take it out at no charge. No one has claimed so far.......

Oh, at last, a piece of technical information (if you bother to look, but even then it was only a tool to ridicule an unknown installer). No hint of how to effect a DIY fix though, just ANOTHER sales attempt. Always trust a salesman, NOT.

Simond, you should not live in glass houses, others will throw stones even if you don't. Wilhelm picked the right word.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back