'Pop up' bath plug problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know its real name but the pop up plug in our bath is faulty. It got stood on when showering and now it won't pop back up when turning the knob. Are there any adjustments I can make to it please?

IMG_4315_zpsb045dec8.jpg

IMG_4316_zps4d414a1e.jpg

Sponsored Links
There should be an adjustable bolt on the bottom of the plug - check if needs adjustment. Although if stood on it may have damaged the mechanism and will need changing.

Thanks denso13. This is what I see when looking underneath the bath. The cable must control the pop up plug.

IMG_4319_zpsbba9181f.jpg

Ive also notoced a hole on the control knob, presumably for a screwdriver. If I remove the knob can I adjust anything at that end?

IMG_4320_zps698b58ed.jpg

Take the pop up plug out from inside the bath. Check for a threaded bolt on the bottom of it, like this
$(KGrHqQOKnUE53D9Tk52BOhgC,K32!~~60_12.JPG

Sponsored Links
there will be a plastic lever that pushes the plug up by pushing agains the bolt on the bottom of the lug. My guess would be you have snapped the lever.

New overflow waste required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back