Pop up plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The above plug stopped working. Today I cleaned it and oiled the mechanism. Looking down the plughole it looks like bits have broken off and the whole mechanism needs replacing. How easy is this for a novice? The annoying thing is that this visitors toilet is hardly ever used. It looks like cheap stuff was used by the qualified plumber who put it in about 6 years ago.
Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• 20210324_174009.jpg
    20210324_174009.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
1. Looks more like a "click clack" than a pop up to me. (Sometimes called a sprung waste).
2. If you push it down to shut, then push it down again to open, it is a click clack.
3. If you push it down to shut, then push a small knob behind the tap to open, then it is a pop up.
4. If click clack you probably need to replace the whole waste fitting. Not a job of a novice DIYer in my opinion.
5. If pop up, you can probably replace the bit you have, very simple. Look on Amazon for "pop up replacement plug" or something similar.

Sponsored Links
It looks like cheap stuff was used by the qualified plumber who put it in about 6 years ago.

How long do you think an "expensive" item would last? 6 years is very good going for such a part... And it likely came with the tap that was fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back