Porch? Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.....

Im looking to get my hallway and stairs plastered in the coming weeks and want to rip down the horrid doors i inherited when i bought the house.
The doors lead into a porch area but its not actually extended on the the house, i think its been sort of built into my hall, sounds wierd and i dont know if im explaining it well. If i was to rip the internal doors out and not replace them id still have the UPVC front door for security.
Can i remove these doors or for regulations must they stay or be replaced, and if so can i use internal doors....
Ill try and post some pictures ASAP

cheers

Sponsored Links
as long as your external door complies with regs and is external grade then there is nothing to stop you taking out the internal door.

I did the same thing when I bought my house

Sponsored Links
did u not think it made the hall way cold?
how ill i know if my door complies with regs?
Well, we didn't have a door in the arch when we bought the house. We took out the door that was set back, and installed the door in the arch, so it didn't make the hall any colder.

If it's an external door then it should have been fitted with a Fensa certificate supplied, so would have complied with regs when it was fitted.

TBH, if it was me, as long as the external door is secure I would go ahead and do it.

Yeah think I'm gonna go for opening it up then if it's cold this winter ill out one in then. At least I can get it plastered now .
Thanks mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back